April 10, 2014

Wacky Watercooler April Blog Hop






Hello! It is time for the April Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop! I can't believe it has already been a month since our last hop.  I am still without a computer but thankfully able to borrow so I can get this post up for you.

The Blog Hop rotates in circular motion so it doesn't matter where you start, just keep clicking "next" and you'll get through all the posts. If you are hopping in order, you have come from Marsha's blog and will then go to Christine's blog.  At any time you can click "Home" and it will lead you to the official Wacky Watercooler blog.

This month's theme is "Spring"  We've had such a long winter that I am so happy to do some spring projects. I hope you like what I have to show you today:




This card was inspired by the banner I made last month. I had several people comment that they liked the color combination, and so I used the same combination here. Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana on Very Vanilla.  I used the Swallowtail Butterfly stamp, stamped in Baked Brown Sugar and then using my Blender Pens, I added the Coastal Cabana. The "Thinking of You" comes from the stamp set Gifts of Kindness stamp set.  The frame and arrow are from the new On Film framelits and the butterfly is made using both the Elegant and Bitty Butterfly punches. I used some Linen Thread as well.


I'd like to think that the idea for this card came out of the blue to my head but I am sure I've seen similar ones around Pinterest. I credit any and everyone who inspired this card, even though I can not pinpoint any one particular person.  For this card, I used the Hardwood stamp in Baked Brown Sugar on Very Vanilla cardstock. I then stamped and punched out several flowers from the Petite Petals stamp and punch bundle. They are done in Primrose Petal and Blushing Bride ink. I used the Banners framelits to cut out the banner and the "Oh Hello" is from the Oh Hello stamp set. I also cut out leaves using the Secret Garden framelits.  The flowers are piled on using dimensionals to give it a bouquet look.
close up of flowers


I am very excited to show you my last project. I'm mostly excited that I thought of the idea while I was at work and I didn't forget about it by the time I got home like many of my ideas. And not only that, but as I was making it, I kept having more ideas that made it even better. 


As you can see, I have created a Spring - Theme in a frame. I did one for winter too but I never did post about it on my blog. I should do that soon. I am now thinking I'll need to do a Summer and Fall theme also.

For the background, I cut out a couple of  scalloped circles and glued them together then sponged Marina Mist ink around to form the clouds. I did this on Whisper White cardstock that was cut down to fit the frame. I then used some Pear Pizzazz card stock and used the new fringe scissors to make the grass.  I punched out flower shapes in Strawberry Slush and Daffodil Delight using the petite flower punch and the centres / smaller flowers are from the itty bitty punch pack.  I used the bitty butterfly punch for the Calypso Coral butterflies. They are accented with tiny pearls. For the tree, I stamped Hardwood in Baked Brown Sugar on the same color cardstock and cut it out in a shape of a tree trunk, and I used the large scallop circle from the circle framelit to create the leaves of the tree. I cut out a few of them and trimmed them to fit. Finally, the adorable bunny butt was made using a scallop circle punch, a itty bitty punch pack scallop circle, the second-to-last small circle from the circle framlets and the wings from the bird punch all in Very Vanilla.

close up. Love the Bunny Butt.
I hope you have enjoyed the projects I have shared with you today.  Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here.  Enjoy the rest of the hop!!

http://www.dancinstamps.blogspot.ca/http://www.coffeepotstampingcafe.com/http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.ca/

13 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

Terri, your projects as just darling!! You've definitely captured spring :)

Created by Kath said...

You have been busy! Thanks for sharing your projects.

Gail said...

Terri, I love the bunny butt! Verty cute project. As is the Swallowtail - love that stamp. The Hardwood stamp is also up there on my faves list.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Ter, thanks so much for being part of this blog hop. As usual, your projects are great. I love the Swallowtail, especially the way you've captured just the essence of it within the On Film framelit. What a perfect progression from your last month's banner! Both your Petite Petals card and the framed Spring scene make me smile. Finally, Spring may be settling in for a stay. Your projects seem to put that into words.

Crafty Medic said...

Love all your projects, but the bunny bum is just hilarious! Love the cute factor!

Christine said...

Terri,
Don't you just love that Hardwood? I just love your Oh Hello card and your little framed picture and the Swallowtail.... What can I say. I loved them all.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Love all your projects!! I especially love your second card! I can't get enough of the hardwood stamp and I'm a sucker for those flower stamp/punch sets. Awesome!

Marsha Reed said...

Cute projects, Terri. Love the bunny.

Jackie said...

Terri, all of your cards are so cute. I love that Hardwood stamp with all the flowers!

Debbie Martin said...

Ter, such cute projects! Love your spring picture, that would be so cute on a desk.

KatheD said...

Your projects are a breath of fresh spring sweetness, Ter! That is *still* a great color combo on the first card, flowers on hardwood are one of my favorites this season, and the spring framed art is adorable.

Penny Hanuszak said...

What great projects. I love the framed picture with the cute little bunny of course, but the second one with the Petite Petals and the Hardwood stamp set, really appealed to my love of floral cards. TFS.

Teneale Williams said...

Wonderful creations. Thanks for stopping by the Creative Station Blog Hop.

Teneale Williams
Stamps & Spice, All things nice
www.tenealewilliams.com.au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...