June 12, 2014

Wacky Watercooler June Blog Hop


Well look at that, it's time for another Blog Hop by the Wacky Watercooler Gang.  This blog hop goes in circular motion so no matter where you began, you'll see all the posts.   If you're "hopping" in order, you've just come from Gail's blog and will hop to Marsha's afterwards. Don't forget to leave a comment for each of us to let us know you were here.

This month we are being inspired by the brand new 2014-15 Catalogue that has just come out this month. There is a lot of great inspiration in this catalogue, for both new and returning product.

I only have one project for you this time, as I've had a busy few weeks followed by a bought of flu.

My project uses one of the returning items, but is inspired by one of the samples in the catalogue. You can see it on page 94 of the catalogue.  Here's my take on it:



I love how it turned out. I used the colors Smokey Slate and Daffodil Delight. First I stamped an image right on the canvas in Smokey Slate. This image looks fuzzy and not very good, but it makes for a nice "shadow". Then I stamped another image onto Whisper White card stock and colored in the Daffodil Delight. I fussy cut the swallowtail and then mounted it on the canvas with dimensionals.

It was really easy and took less than 10 minutes to do the whole thing. I hope you've enjoyed my project for this blog hop and I look forward to the next one in July!

Click the buttons below to navagate through the hop, but first, leave a comment ! :)











http://stampingandotherstuff.blogspot.ca/

4 comments:

Crafty Medic said...

You're making me question why I don't have the Swallowtail stamp yet! Wonderful work!

KatheD said...

what a pretty decor piece, Ter - you just rock those!

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Ter, thanks so much for being part of the blog hop. I love the piece of art you've created using the Swallowtail stamp. You're right...the grey underneath definitely makes a fine shadow. Thanks for sharing.

Gail said...

Spectacular! I love that you stamped right on the canvas. And the Swallowtail is a favourite of mine. Hope you are feeling better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...