July 17, 2014

Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop 1st Anniversary


It is the Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop's 1st Anniversary!! We are excited to have been bringing you inspiration and creations for a whole year now.

July, personally, is full of anniversaries for me. Some are good and some are bittersweet. Because of this, and the fact it's our Blog Hop's anniversary, I decided to make all my projects related to the anniversaries of my life.


In July (2007) we adopted our beautiful Big Earred Pup. She's since grown into her ears, but she's never outgrown my heart. Her name is Emma, which means "Healer of the Universe". She healed my universe, at least a little bit. 

I attempted to create a punch art in her likeliness.


Here is a close up.



And here is my model with her Punch Art Twin.  What do you think?? 



July is a bittersweet month for me. In July (2005), I said Hello and Goodbye to my little girl. Three years later, her daddy joined her in Heaven.

I made this figurine of two angels using Stampin' Up!'s  Simply Pressed Clay. 




Here is a  close up. I made them separately then pressed them together to make one figurine.


 In July (2003), we got married.  It was a beautiful day. 

 I created these flowers in my wedding colors using the Fringe Scissors. You can see a tutorial HERE

I didn't have ribbon in any current shades of Green so I used a retired ribbon. Just because it's retired doesn't mean we shouldn't ever use it. Use up your stash today.

I hope you've enjoyed my projects today. It was nice for me to do some creating as I survive July. Thank you for being a part of my healing process.
Now if you've been hopping in order of the blog hop, you'll be hopping over to Bev's blog. At any time you may go back to the HOME page and see the list of Blog Hoppers there.  

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE WATERCOOLER!!!

http://stampwithbev.blogspot.ca/2014/07/wacky-watercooler-1st-anniversary.html


http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.ca/

http://www.craftymedic.blogspot.ca/

10 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

Ter, I love both your punch art & real Emma - adorable!!
Your angels touched my heart; I know it's a tough month for you. I hope that your crafting helps bring you some peace, and memories of happier times. Love & hugs to you, my friend - and happy blog-a-versary!

Bev said...

Very creative work my dear. Isn't art such a great way to express oneself?

Gail said...

What a great way to honour your July anniversaries - both the happy ones and the sad ones. Emma is indeed adorable! The angels are very sweet - and very creative way to use the clay. Thank you for sharing your memories with us.

Stampin' Amigos said...

What a wonderful job you did honoring those you love. Thanks for taking part during a tough month!

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Ter, thanks for being part of this journey right from the beginning and for being part of this 1st Anniversary Blog Hop. Punch art is difficult and, except for cartoonish attempts, it's not my strong suit. You've really come close to representing your beautiful Emma in your punch art---kudos to you. I also love your two angels, the larger one watching over the little one. My heart goes out to you, my sweet friend. I can't believe you had the same wedding colours as my daughter! Love those fringe flowers and will be copying them for her Anniversary (also in July). Thanks so much for sharing.

Christine said...

Awww, I love Emma and her punch art likeness.
Your little figurine made me cry. What a lovely tribute to your loves. Now I know why your Emma is so important.
The fringe flowers are so awesome. I have to try them.
Hugs to you and thank you for sharing during this time.

Jackie said...

Terri, your angels are so touching and show a wonderful way to use the clay. Love the fringe flowers. had to look twice to determine that they were not real!

Created by Kath said...

What a way to honor all those that you love!

KatheD said...

Ter, all of your anniversary projects are completely wonderful. It's great that you have a creative way to express your memories and awesome that you've shared them with us! When I saw the angels (which I adore, btw) I wondered what they had to do with Stampin' Up! - doh - truly creative use, my friend. Your post is so inspiring, I'm tempted to stop hopping and start creating right this minute!

Lisa said...

You did a great job on the flowers! Thanks for your kind comments and for linking back to me for the tutorial!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...